[Qgis-user] OSGeoW4 download workaround?

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 08:26:18 PDT 2014

Hello Andre,

Thanks for your hints.

Downloading it at home is obviously the cleanest way to do this, but it's a
pain if I want to keep updating qgis-dev

 I'm downloading it using wget, with this syntax:

wget -r -N --execute="robots = off" --mirror --no-parent
http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/x86_64/

But it's taking forever, because my connection is slow, and because I'm
downloading lots of old versions. (don't know how to avoid them)

Anyway, after this, I think I can just download any new files, and skip all
the rest.

Thanks,

Alexandre Neto