[Qgis-user] Overlapping point symbols problem

Hostomský Károly khostomsky at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 04:25:30 PDT 2014

Dear All,
I am using ArcGIS, but either I would like to use QGIS and maybe want to
switch completely later.
A have a point overlapping problem, as a result of geocoding of addresses.

I have not found any tool in QGIS which could replace the "Disperse
Markers" tool from ArcGIS, because if I understand well, the "Points
displacement" tool in QGIS can displace the overlapping polygons only in
"circle way" which has finally a very artificial effect.

Please check out these two short articles about Disperse Markers to see
what I mean. Please if you know any possible solution in QGIS for this, let
me know.

http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2008/08/01/how-to-scatter-marker-symbols-for-stacked-or-clustered-point-features/

Thank you in advance!
Best regards!