[Qgis-user] How supporto the JPEG format on qgis-server and debian stable

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 14:40:55 PDT 2014

Hi, some time ago I write in list about the choice to remove the JPEG
format from the getcapabilities response of QGIS-server.
This need was because the jpeg format if returned wrongly.
And my need was only for a lossless format like png for use the
transparency.

The main response was that the JPEG format was not removable.
If I understand correctly the explain was that qgis-server will use all the
availables format with the available libraries.

So my problem was probably to a miss library or a corrupt library.

Ok.
Now I re-analyze the problem.
And try to install qgis-server on another machine.

And again after the install.
The qgis-server start all seem work and again the jpeg is corrupt.

So I dubt that is due to a corrupt library.

But I suppose to a Miss library.

or perhps to a too low version library.
This is no good because the cmake config should avoid this.

To check I need to know what is the library use to produce the output jpeg
on qgis-server and was version is the minimum acceptable.

I'm use a debian stable and I suspect the problem is that debian has a too
old library for this use.
So I need to know the librry used and the version to update it.

Thx,

--
Andrea Peri