[Qgis-user] TAB file export

Mats Elfström mats.elfstrom at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 23:18:39 PDT 2014

Hi all!
For tricky spatial data management, I would like to recommend FME from Safe
Software.
No other tool offers the same platform independent toolbox, with complete
and repeatable control over the process.
You may find that tedious and complicated tasks that you usually perform in
your production environment can be scripted and fully automated in FME,
leaving you, the GIS professional more time for analysis and presentation
of information.
If you see the cost of FME as prohibitive, count the time you could use
more productively (and perhaps charge) instead of trying to figure your way
through command line tools with unpredictable results.

Regards, Mats.E

>  Brett -
>
> I've opened your shape file in QGIS and afterwards saved it as a tab file
> - without a hitch. I'm using a newish version 2.3 of QGIS.
> I've opened the new tab file in MapInfo and it works. The only strange
> thing is, that the projection shifts from EPSG:28351 to EPSG:32751
>
> Tabfile attached
>
> Regards
> Bo Victor Thomsen
> Aestas-GIS
> Denmark
>
> Den 12-06-2014 03:03, Brett Adams skrev:
>
> Zoltan,
>
> I'm running the ogr2ogr using ogr2gui.  Is that cheating?  I get in trouble
> with command line stuff.
> I can export a mid/mif, works perfectly every time.  It's just not what the
> client wants.  I've attached a sample SHP file. It was created by importing
> a CSV file then exporting as a SHP file.
>
> Donovan,
>
> I ran  : Vector > Geometry Tools > Check Geometry Validity     but came up
> with no errors.
>
> Couldn't find the "Topology Checker" plugin.  Is that a version 2 feature?
>

> Thanks your feedback.  I appreciate the effort.
>
> Brett

Mats Elfström, Väpplingvägen 21, SE-227 38 LUND, Sweden
tel: +46 46 145959 / mob: +46 70 595 39 35
alt e-mail: mats.elfstrom at giskraft.com <mats.elfstrom at telia.com>