[Qgis-user] Please Help: Attribute Table crashing constantly

someone1 angelaj136 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 07:34:57 PDT 2014

Hello,

For reference: qgis 2.2, OS X 10.9.3, 4 GB of RAM

I am editing a project that involves me populating literally thousands of
segments, but yesterday qgis started crashing after I tried to save my last
round of edits. After that initial crash, every time I tried to open the
attribute table of the shapefile I was working on, qgis would continue to
crash. Even today, after letting my computer sleep, I tried reopening the
attribute table and again -- crash.

Tried selecting by expression the fields I was working on for the past few
days -- Crash.
Tried looking at the attribute table of the original shapefile I pulled
information from (same attributes) -- Crash.
Tried looking at the .dbf file in excel to check on my edits -- Gone.

I have no idea what's happening and I need to work on this shapefile because
it's apart of a major project for one of my professors. Has anyone here been
able to overcome this issue without having to give up on losing two days
worth of work?

Thanks.