[Qgis-user] Add a shape within QGIS to a record already in a database layer/table (SQL SERVER)

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 01:53:21 PDT 2014

You can create a SQLServer based insert trigger, that checks the new
record. If the record doesn't contain a geometry object (geometry is
null) it can create a "dummy" geometry before inserting the record in
the database, for example a polygon square. The position of the square
should be determined by some other information in the new record, so
every dummy square has an unique position.

Regards
Bo Victor Thomsen
Aestas-GIS
Denmark