[Qgis-user] create polygon: underlying image is covered

Thomas Recknagel info at gisos.de
Tue Jun 17 14:19:04 PDT 2014

I want to vectorize land forms from an ortho image, so I make a new
polygon shape file and create new objects inside it. When I follow the
outline of the land form, I have the problem that the new polygon covers
the underlying layer (it is red and only slightly transparent), so I
cant see the structures of the ortho image anymore. Is there a way to
create new polygons, but only have the border of the polygon drawn while
creating it? I couldnt find such an option in QGIS.