[Qgis-user] Extract Projection Hangs

Rebecca Bennett rabennett at ymail.com
Wed Jun 18 09:16:37 PDT 2014

Dear all,

I am working in QGIS 2.2.0 downloaded via OSgeo4w and am trying to extract projection information for png and tif files using the gdal tool Raster > Projections > Extract Projections. The tool hangs without creating the world or prj files, but gives no error message. It does this in both single file and batch file mode with no files created.

I have used this tool in the past (February using QGIS 2.1) without issue on this computer in both batch and single file mode. I have tried it on png files that I know worked in the previous processing round to no avail.

Is anyone able to suggest where to begin troubleshooting this problem?

Thanks for reading!

Rebecca