[Qgis-user] OpenSource software for Drones

Jeffrey Johnson ortelius at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 11:49:48 PDT 2014

Interestingly enough, the main ground station software for the
3DRobotics/DIYDrones stuff is based on Qt like QGIS is.
http://planner2.ardupilot.com/ and https://github.com/diydrones/apm_planner
I wonder if there are opportunities for direct integration. CC'ng a friend
of mine at 3DR that works on the android based ground station as he may
know more or be able to point you at other resources.

I own a 3DR MultiRotor, but as Brent said, the learning curve is very steep
and long. The craft from DJI are supposedly a little more easy to use, but
are not open source in any way as far as I know.

Jeff