[Qgis-user] QGIS-Server write log on stdoutput ?

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Sat Jun 21 11:53:02 PDT 2014

Hi Andrea,

You can set the QGIS_LOG_FILE environment variable to have the
qgis_mapserv.fcgi process log to a file. It needs to be set within the
server process environment (if it has a loadable FCGI module) or within the
FCGI-spawning process environment, e.g. uWSGI or spawn-fcgi.

For Apache:

<IfModule mod_fastcgi.c>  (or mod_fcgid.c)
  SetEnv QGIS_LOG_FILE /path/to/qgis_server.log
</IfModule>

Of course, the log needs to be writable by your Apache or FCGI-spawning
process user.

NOTE: if using latest master builds (or upcoming 2.4 release), the env var
is now QGIS_SERVER_LOG_FILE, with the new env var QGIS_SERVER_LOG_LEVEL to
define verbose level [0,1].

I haven't tested this, but the amount of debug output is usually relative
to the CMake build type, e.g. Release vs. RelWithDebInfo or Debug, like is
the case for the QGIS desktop output. Pretty sure that is always a
compile-time choice, and can't be be overridden at run-time. Your
qgis_mapserv.fcgi binary may need to be (re)built as RelWithDebInfo or
Debug to trigger enough output to debug your issue.

[0]
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/29c39b9f0209ddedd0d51eda1dc926e6e0f2ea9e
[1]
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/bdf1ac8d46d89869e58884c5f55ff711a1f5f76d