[Qgis-user] delimited text point cloud color attribute ?

Chris Crook ccrook at linz.govt.nz
Sun Jun 22 01:04:57 PDT 2014

You can do this by using a data defined properties.

Go in to layer properties
Select the Style tab
Pick a single symbol as the marker type
In the bottom left of the dialog is the symbol layers panel.
Click the "Simple marker"
Then in the panel to the right click "Data defined properties"
This will bring up the data defined properties dialog box
Click the fill color check box, and then click the [...] button to the right of it (expression)
This will get you into the Expression string builder
Click on the Color> group to expand it out, then enter the following in the "Expression box"

color_rgb("R","G","B")

Then click Ok as many times as necessary to get out .. this should do it.

Sounds complicated, but makes more sense when you do it than when you try to write it down!

CHeers
Chris