[Qgis-user] Distance measures on WGS84 (and other not projected CRSs) project

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 11:20:14 PDT 2014

I have a doubt about the setting of the Ellipsoid for the measure tools
when operating on a WGS84 project.
If I create a blank project (WGS84) and I add a WGS84 layer, the Ellipsoid
is set to None/Planimetric, and it cannot be changed until OTFR is switched
on.
In this initial state measures are done without reprojecting the points
grabbed with the measure tool, and the returned measure value is incorrect.
To be able to set the WGS84 Ellipsoid for the measure, I have to switch
OTFR before.

I think it would be better to set the default measure Ellipsoid to be the
same as the project CRS, wouldn't it?

giovanni

--
Giovanni Allegri