[Qgis-user] Applying adjacent polygon(s) attributes to lines

John Harrop jharrop at acm.org
Sat Jun 28 13:39:07 PDT 2014

I'm new to QGIS (on Mac OS X) but have been enjoying learning and using it.
One of the methods I'm trying to track down on QGIS is transferring polygon
attributes to adjacent lines.  The context is geological and the polygons
represent rock units and their associated properties.  The lines (geological
contacts) are derived from the common edges of the polygons.  I would like
to assign attributes from the two adjacent polygons to each line to
calculate the contrast between properties across the contact.

I've been impressed (but a little overwhelmed) at the number of tools
available.  I have a feeling this might be covered in one of them, but I'm
not finding it so far.  It could be done with some PostGIS code, but if
there is a tools already available I would prefer to use that.

Thanks.
John