[Qgis-user] Upgrading to 2.4 on Ubuntu and libqgis2.2.0

David Pearce david at sapura.com.my
Mon Jun 30 23:50:30 PDT 2014

After upgrading to 2.4.0 on Ubuntu 13.04 64 bit, I see libqgis2.2.0 is
still installed. It appears that there is no libqgis2.4.0, but core and
gui have been split into two libraries. Am I right to remove libqgis2.2.0?

Previous updates eg 2.0->2.2 have lead to having two versions of libqgis
at the same time, causing problems

David Pearce

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, use, print, copy, forward or distribute the contents or disclose it to anyone. Instead, please inform us by return e-mail and delete it from your system immediately. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message shall not be deemed or understood to be given nor endorsed by the Sapura Group, unless it is separately confirmed in writing by the relevant duly authorised personnel of the Sapura Group. All liability for computer viruses is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.