[Qgis-user] Batch GeoCoding within QGIS 2.0

Joseph Sloop jbsloop at uncg.edu
Mon Mar 3 13:47:02 PST 2014

Hello Everyone,
I have a question about Batch GeoCoding within QGIS. I have a couple
datasets that are rather large (500 +) of addresses. I GeoCoded them in
ArcGIS with an Address Locator build on local data (address points, tax
parcels and street centerlines). I then tried doing the same thing in QGIS
and just was not able to get a good GeoCode. I tried using the MMQGIS
Plugin and using GPS Visualizer (found on this blog:
http://www.stevencanplan.com/2009/how-to-geocode-in-open-source-qgis/) This
geocoded alot better. I was just wondering if there is a way to Batch
GeoCode within QGIS using your own data (address points, tax parcels and
street centerlines) as the parameters and not Google or OpenStreet Maps?

Thanks in advance,

Joseph

Joseph Sloop

PhD Student

University of North Carolina at Greensboro

Department of Geography

jbsloop at uncg.edu