[Qgis-user] QGIS Python integration

Dave Kimble dave.kimble at riseup.net
Mon Mar 3 16:43:48 PST 2014

I added http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntugis/ubuntu-unstable/ubuntu saucy main
to Other Software Sources, nominated Main Server and launched Update.
The update failed because of a small number of missing files, but
apparently completed cleanly.
However a subsequent update found 3 lock files still set, for example
/var/lib/dpkg/lock,
which I deleted in order to continue.
The update still had files missing, but finished cleanly.
The next scheduled update found some files missing, and some files
present but unnecessary.
The next scheduled update made updates to python-2.7 and python-3.3
successfully, I don't know if this would have happened anyway.
python-qgis is still not installed, but installation works OK now.

So I think some of the dependencies when moving from ubuntu to ubuntugis
repository don't
work first time, but eventually sort themselves out.

On launching QGIS and opening a project, the project file gets upgraded
to 2.2 .
The original problem of "python not detected" is now fixed.
Thanks for your help.

Dave