[Qgis-user] Beginner: How to find duplicate points with the Topology Checker plug-in

Robert Harris harris_robert at windstream.net
Fri Mar 7 04:48:31 PST 2014

Hello All,

I am a beginner using 2.0.1-Dufour on Ubuntu 12.04.

I digitized a poly line into a shapefile that represents a water
feature. I used Vector/Extract Nodes to create a point shapefile. I
added fields to the attribute table with longitude and latitude of each
point with the Field Calculator. I imported the attribute table into an
MS Access database and used the Find Duplicates query wizard to find 11
pairs of duplicate points in 2052 total points. The points are needed
for use with the Google Maps API.

I tried the Vector/Topology Checker plug-in with a "must not have
duplicates" rule to find the duplicate points and received a "0 errors
were found" message.

What am I missing when using the Topology Checker plug-in?

Thank you.

Robert Harris, Volunteer
Georgia River Network
http://www.garivers.org/