[Qgis-user] Installerpackage QGIS 2.2 OSX 10.6?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Mar 7 22:02:10 PST 2014

Building on OS X isn't hard, just tedious.  The build instructions are very detailed, so anyone should be able to roll their own if needed on an older system.  The last Qt 4.8.5 installer works on 10.6, and dependencies should be buildable on 10.6 for a long time.

There are also OS X package managers to simplify the process.  I think MacPorts is still alive, and Homebrew has become very popular. (Though they can cause trouble if you also compile software from scratch outside their environments.)

Note: if you read my blog about it, in my interpretation of the hardware maintenance it's the hardware that Apple supports, and it's the latest version of the system software that the hardware supports that is maintained, not the original version of the system.  So 10.6 is dead now.  Which has been verified in the latest security update that was for 10.7+.

I've mentioned my policy in the past and have been following it for years.  It's just hitting a little hard this time because of the long life Snow Leopard had.