[Qgis-user] QGIS Server not working in Xubuntu - Virtualbox

Leandro Sastre Salim leandrosastre at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 17:09:42 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I'm having problems in order to get QGIS running under a virtual machine of
Xubuntu 13.10

I've installed QGIS from the repos and QGIS server following these
instructions:

http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/wiki/QGIS_Server_Tutorial#DebianUbuntu-Linux

Everything installed fine. When I go to http://localhost/ I get

> It works!
> This is the default web page for this server.
> The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet.

If I go to the qgus_mapserv.fcgi URL firefox tries to download the file,

[image: Inline images 1]

Configuring WMS in QGIS obvioulsy gets an error:

No se pudo entender la respuesta. El proveedor wms dijo:
> No se pudieron obtener las capacidades WMS: error occurred while parsing
> element en la lĂ­nea 1 columna 1
> Esto se debe probablemente a una URL incorrecta del servidor WMS.
> La respuesta fue:
> ELF
> URL probada:
> http://localhost/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?VERSION=1.3.0&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

I've tried to reinstall QGIS server, apache but it doen't solves the
problem. Any input would be much appreciate.

Thanks in advance, cheers.
Leandro