[Qgis-user] QGIs crashes opening old (2.0.1) projects in valmiera (2.2.1)

Víctor Manuel Herreros Villanueva vherreros at ucm.es
Thu Mar 13 05:27:26 PDT 2014

Alexander,

I've tried to open it under QGIS Valmiera, Windows 7 64 bit.

I've had to click 'Cancel' for all of your layers database connections
(cause I don't have your tables in my PostgreSQL Server) - patiently
waiting more or less 30 seconds until my server time outs for each of your
22 tables.

Then I got a 'missing file' error in QGIS (cause I don't have
'//Fileserver/PRIVATE/Ortos/ORTOS2013/ortos2013.vrt' file on my
filesystem). QGIS told me this layer would be lost, and I agreed.

The I got a minidump, whose contents are inside the file uploaded
here<http://www.mediafire.com/download/51qjs8257a63n6n/qgis-20140313-131106-4984-2232-c3a2817.dmp>,
in case you want it for opening the ticket.

And finally, QGIS closed.

So I've not been able to open it.

Sorry...

> Hello Ariel,
>
> Even in new installations the project fails to open and crashes.
>
> As a workaround, I was able to open a new blank project, and add all layer
> groups using embed
> layer and groups...  and recreate part of the project, But all print
> composers are lost, and probably other stuff that I'm not aware of now.
>
> I think I will open a ticket for this, and do some more testings.
>
> Thanks for your answer,
>
> Alexandre
>

> On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 8:21 AM, Rodriguez, A. <arielrod24 at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>>  Alexander:
>>
>> Try to uninstall and re-install the software.
>>
>> Greetings and good luck.
>>
>> Ariel
>>

>> On 12/03/14 17:27, Alexandre Neto wrote:
>>
>>  Hello,
>>
>>  I'm having problems opening a Dufour project (2.0.1) in Valmiera (2.2.1)
>> using windows 7 64 bit.
>>
>>  QGIS warns me that a older version project is going to be opened, but
>> crashes during the reading of the layers. The same file still opens in
>> 2.0.1 without problems.
>>
>>  Is there any known issues of lower versions compatibility? Any
>> workarounds?
>>
>>  The problematic project is the following:
>>
>>  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/110618644/SIG_DTOP.qgs
>>
>>  Thanks,
>>
>>  Alexandre Neto

  <http://www.ucm.es/> *Universidad Complutense de