[Qgis-user] Export total image without requiring a composer?

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 08:49:28 PDT 2014

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 9:16 PM, Shriramana Sharma <samjnaa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello. Is it possible to export the total map (180W-180E,90N-90S) to
> an image file without having to compose it via a composer? I just need
> a 2:1 image file (of 21600x10800 size) without borders...

I should mention that I am trying to do this:

$ qgis --project Natural_Earth_Shriramana.qgs --snapshot world.png
--width 21600 --height 10800

but somehow it is placing the map in a small size on a very big white
background. Adding --extent -180,-90,180,90 doesn't help either. Or am
I doing something wrong?

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा