[Qgis-user] Polygon shapefile not visible if overlapping another shapefile

Lene Fischer lfi at ign.ku.dk
Thu Mar 20 00:17:06 PDT 2014

Hi Christine,
There are several possibillities:
But if your settings are set to Avoid intersection, you polygon will be "clipped" against existing polygons. If you digitize entire over a polygon - it will be clipped away entirely.
So please check in: Setting>Snapping and remove Avoid intersection.

Regards

Lene Fischer
Associate Professor

Department of Geosciences and Natural Resource Management
University of Copenhagen

MOB +45 40115084
lfi at ign.ku.dk<mailto:lfi at ign.ku.dk>

[SCIENCE_bomaerke_UK]

Any help would be much appreciated as I am starting to go insane!
Every time I draw a polygon shapefile in qgis 2.2 it will only shows up if it does not overlap another shapefile. I cannot fathom why it is not visible. I never had this problem in QGIS 1.8. This new shapefile is at the top of my table of contents.

Thanks
Christine