[Qgis-user] Field calculator

Leo Kris Palao lk.palao at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 22:17:53 PDT 2014

Deal ALL QGIS Users,

I have a strange results when using the Field Calculator. I have an integer
value in one of my column ranging from 1 to 13. I would like to get the
percentage of it when divided by 18. So in field calculator my expression
is "(DN" / 18) * 100. When I execute this expression I got all 0 results in
all cells. My column where the results should be stored is in Real with
Width = 3 and Precision = 3. I did the same in ArcGIS but the results were
correct.

Also, I tried another method, this time I created a column first, then I
just divide the DN values to 18 but still the results are 0 in all cells in
my column.

I am using QGIS 2.2 installed using OSGeo4W installer, with Windows 7 64
bit OS.

Could anyone help me troubelshoot?

Thanks,
-Leo