[Qgis-user] A bug and a crash for qgis 2.2 and qgis-dev on windows

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sun May 4 12:03:46 PDT 2014

mmmh..
I don't know how much long term solution it could be for this use-case.

Perhaps I have a too pessimistic point of view,
but I guess if a single user will produce a project and 1 single svg file
for others user internal to its organization.
It never send it svg to a central repository.
Simply because it is a time waste and still error prone .

I guess the repository is only for bigger, important and "never changeable"
set of svg.

But when a single user like to have its own svg symbol. I don't think it
choose to put in the repository.

As secondary example
you can think to an user that choose an svg symbol from the central
repository (an svg put from another owner) and apply it at its project.
But, after some time the owner remove or change the name at this svg symbol
in the repo.
:)

That project when opened from other users will start to work bad.

So I guess more probably that the users could choose to  avoid the central
repo and choose to give in a zipfile all the need resources.
(shapefile, project and svg file).

So the problem of wrong svg path will be still here when the svg repo will
born.

Andrea.

> Il 03/05/2014 17:14, aperi2007 ha scritto:
> > Thx for response,
> >
> > I'm not sure this could be a good solution almost to resolve this
> > usability problem.
> > Infact your solution need to have a sure internet access to the repo.
> >
> > As example: I have sometime my ADSL down and so I cannot access to a
> > internet repo.
> > In this situation my qgis will crash because will not access to the SVG
> > in internet repo.
>
> The crash should be fixed independently. I just mean that a more
> comprehensive,log term solution should also include the option of
> downloading missing symbols and styles.
> All the best.
>
> --
> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu