[Qgis-user] QGIS 2.0 / 2.2 auf Windows: Layer werden in Übersicht angezeigt, erscheinen aber nicht auf Karte

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Mon May 5 03:30:15 PDT 2014

Did you check the coordinate system of your layer?

Maybe the default in your QGIS settings is WGS84 and your layer is projected but lacks coordinate reference information (e.g. a .prj file). Then the default CRS is used for your layer (WGS84 which is limited to +/-90 / +/-180) and the e.g. UTM coordinates of your data exceed the bounds of the CRS.

If that is the case, assign the appropriate CRS in layer properties. That should fix it (others correct me if I am wrong.).

Cheers
Stefan