[Qgis-user] Ubuntu 14.04 and qgis

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon May 5 18:59:47 PDT 2014

Ubuntugis takes a month or two to catch up with new releases.
Rolling back a version in Ubuntu is not hard if you use Synaptic to
manage your packages. FYI Trusty default repos have 2.0, just remove the
qgis.org or ubuntugis from your repo list, refresh the packages and it
should find the right one. Otherwise Synaptic in the details shows you
which versions are available and you can pick the version.

Yes ubuntugis-stable actually means older releases, we've been unable to
come to agreement about how to rename this to make more sense.
Ubuntugis-unstable will have the latest for 14.04 soon.

Offtopic - It's much safer to run something like Win XP inside a virtual
machine where you can block it from the internet and pass usb
connections to things like scanners (I actually have this setup).

Also Virtual Machines let you test new releases of Ubuntu quickly too.

Check back in a few weeks or subscribe to the Ubuntugis mailing list if
you want to be in on the conversation about updates to the repo. I
expect it to be up to date by June.

Thanks,
Alex