[Qgis-user] Atlas map rotation

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Wed May 7 02:50:33 PDT 2014

Hello,

For a simple 0º and 90º situation, I use two layouts (a portrait and a
landscape). And them I filter the atlas features by its format. In my case,
the format is calculated in Postgis by getting the coverage feature
Bounding Box and then compare width and heigth.

Something like

CASE WHEN abs(ST_XMax(g.geom)-ST_XMin(g.geom)) >
abs(ST_YMax(g.geom)-ST_YMin(g.geom)) THEN 'Landscape'
ELSE 'Portrait'

Alexandre

PS: Can't way to see what Nyall will pull out from is magic hat this time!