[Qgis-user] QGIS and Antivirus software?

Lens Paul paul.lens at gmx.com
Fri May 9 01:17:53 PDT 2014

Does anyone experience problems with antivirus software.

In my case, QGIS (1.8 than 2.2) hangs after loading several layers of a
rather big project (backups and similar projects won't open either). The
processor works at  100% and the whole system almost freezes.

I  tested load time of smaller projects, activating/deactivating the
antivirus. Load time more than doubles when the antivirus is activated.

Vista was updated the same time I installed the antivirus. The same big
project file could be opened in Ubuntu (where I went into other kind of
problems), so that there seems to be no corruption of the data files.
Grass plugin is working all right on smaller files.
Whence I cannot figure any other cause than the antivirus.

Using Bitdefender on Vista sp2.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Paul