[Qgis-user] Problem with WMS in QGIS 2.2

Bruce, Bob (CWS) Bob.Bruce at gov.mb.ca
Wed May 14 10:09:59 PDT 2014

I am having a problem access some WMS servers in QGIS. Could someone else please have a look at this to see if I am doing something wrong or if there is a problem with QGIS?

I am using QGIS 2.2.0-Valmiera

I have got it to work on one WMS server, but when I try and connect to:

http://atlas.agr.gc.ca/arcgis/services/ImageServices/IMG_MB_ORTHO_50CM_2009/ImageServer/WMSServer

it shows it connected and I can add the layer to my view but when I try and draw it no map image returns.

When I try a URL request for a map image to that WMS I do get one, here is an example:

http://atlas.agr.gc.ca/arcgis/services/ImageServices/IMG_MB_ORTHO_50CM_2009/ImageServer/WMSServer?service=WMS&request=GETMAP&version=1.3.0&crs=EPSG:26914&format=image/jpeg&layers=IMG_MB_ORTHO_50CM_2009&styles=&transparent=false&bbox=336636.55,5539116.4,349496.46,5550523.7&width=902&height=801

so I am stumped as to why I don't see anything in QGIS. I have tried to be careful and select the same CRS and image type as the one in my URL above and my project is set to the same CRS but still no map image returns.

Is this a QGIS problem or something that I'm doing?

thanks,

           Bob Bruce