[Qgis-user] OSM import looses a lot of data when creating Spatialite tables

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Thu May 15 14:06:49 PDT 2014

Mmm, I wasn't aware of such numbers. Anyway, a lot of ways are linestrings,
not polygons. Imposm import the correctly. I haven't trie
spatialite_osm_map and ogr2ogr yet, but I can't understand why simple
linestrings happen to get dropped during this phase...

giovanni

> Am 15.05.2014 16:56, schrieb G. Allegri:
>

>> Here are the counts on the tables generated by QGIS' OSM utilities:
>>
>> SELECT count(*) FROM ways
>> union
>> SELECT count(*) FROM toscana_osm_polylines
>>
>> count
>> ----------
>> 221335
>> 568129
>>
>> More then a half ways are not translated.
>>

> No, its not that bad.
>
> From 568129 ways, osm2pgsql detects 318028 ways are pending, and builds
> 309712 polygons from it.
> Remaing are 250175 objects in planet_line.
>
> Still some missing in the spatialite table, but not so much ;-)
>
> Greetings,
> André Joost

Giovanni Allegri
http://about.me/giovanniallegri