[Qgis-user] QGis checks uniqueness of primary key on startup

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Tue May 20 01:54:20 PDT 2014

Hi,
i am having issues with QGis checking for uniqueness of the primary key
on startup. The key is unique but this takes >5 Minutes.

From the postgres log:

2014-05-19 17:58:19 UTC LOG:  duration: 512282.227 ms  statement: SELECT
	count(distinct "id")=count("id") FROM "public"."v_kvztallength_pos"

v_kvztallength_pos is a view joining 2 tables which share a primary key (via
foreign key) so the view can not create any non uniqueness on id because it
joins on id. From my understanding the uniqueness of the primary key is needed
for editing. Can i put this layer/table to read-only and let qgis ignore the
primary key?

Or can i tell qgis that "the key is unique, trust me"?

Currently i am fighting against QGis startup times >20 Minutes.

Flo
PS: QGis 2.0.1, Postgres 9.1, Postgis 2.0.3