[Qgis-user] QGis checks uniqueness of primary key on startup

Sergio Gollino gollinosergio at gmail.com
Tue May 20 04:46:51 PDT 2014

Ok 20 milion of records is the problem not the unique key...

Create a table (not a view) and use indices and geometry constraints. Check
the "Use estimated table metadata" option in the connection as Jurgen said.
Use a field of the table to filter it before you load on qgis.
And load it when you are a scale like 10.000 or less.
If this is not enough you have to make tiles of you your table.

Remember that if you have a shp file whit 20 milion of geometries probably
you will wait for all your life to display it, so, 5 or 10 minutes, its a
really good result.

--
Sergio Gollino