[Qgis-user] QGis checks uniqueness of primary key on startup

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Tue May 20 07:17:17 PDT 2014

Hi,

if a relation is a table with a unique primary key QGIS has no need to
scan for uniqueness (AFAIK)
so you could create a table or materialized view [1] (does anybody have
any experience with MV and QGIS?) to store your data and make sure that
it is always up to date
Another idea I would try is to create several views with less data each
based on the spatial index or the primary key (notice: I have not tried
if it is faster to load 20 layers à 1 million features, but it may be
faster once they are in the project)
BTW is the uniqueness scan done every time the project with the layer is
loaded or only when loading it using the load dialog?

if you find a solution please report back to the list

Bernhard

[1]
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/sql-creatematerializedview.html

--