[Qgis-user] mapping on Tablet

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue May 20 07:54:59 PDT 2014

Hi Gina,

Sorry - I can't help much since I don't own a Win8 tablet.

I just know that it should work at least for some devices. There is e.g.
Intramap ROAM, which is based on QGIS - see
https://github.com/DMS-Aus/Roam - developed by an Australian company.

There is also the BLUgis project which will be presented at the Swiss
QGIS user group meeting - see
http://www.qgis.ch/de/verein/anwendertreffen/anwendertreffen-2014 -
which also works with GPS and Windows tablets. You could come to this
meeting and ask the developer of the BLUgis project how they handle the
GPS issue.

For your application I would probably have a look at the Intramap ROAM
project and contact the developers of this project.

Hope this helps,
Andreas