[Qgis-user] Importing open street map .osm files

mick bareman at tpg.com.au
Mon May 26 18:11:05 PDT 2014

I've just installed qgis 2.2 after using 1.x versions for a while and run into a problem importing .osm files. With version 1 I could import directly into a map and then save as an ESRI shape file or Mapinfo table but with 2.2 it instead creates a spacialite database that seems to be missing all the geography.

If I click the help button it opens a '404' page. Going to docs.qgis.org I can't recognise any section that looks like it might have the information I need.

Please, could some kind soul point me in the right direction.

mik