[Qgis-user] Importing open street map .osm files

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Tue May 27 09:08:40 PDT 2014

> Am 27.05.2014 17:27, schrieb G. Allegri:
>
>  Andre,
>> the example about way with id=204549674 [1] reported in the issue is a
>> good
>> one. The downloaded OSM contains the way and all its nodes, but it isn't
>> passed to the polylines layer.
>>

> If you take the download link at
> <http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/204549674>
> it gives you the node numbers, but no coordinates. So you have to add a
> /full to get them:
>
> <http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/way/204549674/full>

Ok, it's a complete view but the point is the same: 35 nodes, completely
inside the area. They are correctly downloaded from the OSM plugin, but not
imported.

>  How would you ask the Overpass API to download also the nodes of the ways
>> that are made by the nodes in a certain bbox without hitting against
>> recursion?
>>
>> Martin suggested something like
>> http://overpass-api.de/api/interpreter?data=(node(14.
>> 3833,104.638,14.4167,104.706);way(bn);node(w););out
>> ;
>> It works because it's a small area, and Overpass can support it, but if
>> you
>> enlarge the bbox it will fail...
>>

> If you take the whole continent, it will surely fail, unless you have set
> other filters.
>
> If you are hitting those limits, a osm2pgsql or GDAL import from Geofabrik
> extracts are the only solution. You can reduce those with osmfilter to
> speed up your import. This is a kind of offline equivalent to Overpass
> filtering.

We were talking about the OSM plugin. I usually work with osmosis,
osmfilter, and the rest of the tools for bigger areas.

giovanni

> HTH,
> André Joost

Giovanni Allegri