[Qgis-user] Share some of my Processing Scripts

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Fri May 30 08:58:26 PDT 2014

Awesome work, thanks a lot Michael!

The github repo idea sounds rather feasible. We can have one under the QGIS
organization and people can make pull requests against it to add new
scripts and models. We can add a commit hook to the git repo that builds a
file with a list of available scripts/models, their description and their
version numbers, whenever changes are made. Through the GitHub API it is
easy to fetch that file and then let the user download the script/model
files that he wants. There is a limit of 60 requests per hour in the API,
but that should not be a problem

If no one volunteers for this, I will try to spend sometime and implement
it.

Cheers

p.s. Michael, you might prefer to use the progress.setInfo(text) method
instead of progress.setText(text) method for communicating with the user.
It will add text into the log window. Also, there is no need to set the
text if later you are raising an exception. If you throw a
GeoAlgorithmExecutionException, Processing will handle it and let the user
know that the script failed and print the exception message in the dialog.
It's a better mechanism, since it will also work when calling the script
from the python console, where the exception message will be printed out to
the console itself.