[Qgis-user] QGIS and Oracle Views

Jonathan Moules J.Moules at hrwallingford.com
Thu Oct 16 02:29:23 PDT 2014

Hi Rob,
Thanks for the suggestion. I've already registered with USER_SDO_GEOM_METADATA to even get the table listed in the "Add table" dialog.

Selecting a geometry and/or primary key column don't work I'm afraid. I've also tried the "Select at id" checkbox on and off, but to no avail. Hence my wondering if QGIS supports views.

I get this back:

dbname='production.hw-uk.local' host=host port=1521 user='USER' password='PASSWORD' key='PKEY' estimatedmetadata=true srid=8307 type=POLYGON table="SZACCOUNTS"."JMO_TEMP_VIEW" (GEOMETRY) sql= is an invalid layer - not loaded

Has anyone else had success pointing to Oracle Views? How about PostGIS views, do they work?

Cheers,
Jonathan