[Qgis-user] Python for .NET in QGIS

Gang Yang gang.yang at freenet.de
Fri Oct 17 06:19:22 PDT 2014

Hello!

I installed Python for .NET and have no problem to make my standalone Python
console (version 2.7) ".NET-aware": the .NET DLLs can be called from the
console without problem.

I thought this could be done also for QGIS Python console on the same pc:

1.       I copied the two files of Python for .NET: clr.pyd and
Python.runtime.dll to the qgis folder:

C:\Program Files\QGIS Chugiak\apps\Python27

to assure these two files to be included in the sys.path;

2.       In QGIS Python console I typed:

Import clr

                Here I got the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "<input>", line 1, in <module>

  File "C:/PROGRA~1/QGISCH~1/apps/qgis/./python\qgis\utils.py", line 454, in
_import

    mod = _builtin_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist, level)

SystemError: dynamic module not initialized properly

My question: Is this the correct way to make pyqgis to .NET-aware? Or the
qgis python is something special so that it is not possible to do this?

Thank you in advance.

Gang