[Qgis-user] Vectors data and raster with same projection didnot overlap

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Wed Oct 22 20:21:31 PDT 2014

Am 22.10.2014 um 19:35 schrieb Yada Elisabeth:
> I follow many methods (exploring differents tutorials documents):
> 1- I set the in one project properties under CRS: EPSG:32631 -WGS 84 / UTM
> zone 31 N and open my layers
> 2- for the second project, I Rightclick -> "Set CRS for layer"
> 3- I tried the both (project properties and rightclick)

The only correct way to reproject a vector layer is to use "Save as..."
under a different filename and different CRS.

If you are not sure which data is correct:

Set Project CRS to EPSG:3857 and enable on-the-fly-reprojection
Add a Openstreetmap or Google background with the Openlayers plugin
Add the untouched datasources one by one and chekc if they align to the
background

HTH,
André Joost