[Qgis-user] Help with Ordnance Survey SLD's for OS Mastermap

Thomas Colley t.colley at neath-porttalbot.gov.uk
Mon Sep 1 01:34:56 PDT 2014

os_cat is a field used for styling in OS layers. The complication is (at least last I checked) the field doesn’t exist in the data as shipped. There are some SQL files on the OS website for creating os_cat (calculated from a combination of other fields) in PostGIS, but I’m not sure how that would be applied to shapefiles.

I’m sure that OS have released proper QGIS Style Files now as well as SLDs. I can’t find them at the minute (too early on a Monday morning) but I’ll let you know when I do.

Cheers

Tom