[Qgis-user] Atlas generation - help please

Thomas Colley t.colley at neath-porttalbot.gov.uk
Wed Sep 3 05:18:49 PDT 2014

How about creating a polygon layer with a bounding polygon for all points per species? The polygon features would have the species name as an attribute.

You can then use this polygon layer for your atlas and use rule based styling to filter the points based on the species name attribute of the atlas feature.

A trigger could be used to keep the polygons up-to-date with the points if that’s an issue and the data is in PostGIS.

Definitely make for a nice case study!

Cheers

Tom