[Qgis-user] procedure for submitting bugs

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Sep 10 00:16:26 PDT 2014

On 09-09-14 16:22, Stefan Löhr wrote:

> Now my question(s):
> Did I make a mistake by publishing the problem like this?
> Is the description to complicated?
> Should I have contacted a specific developer first? Which one?
>
> What can I do better to get a response on my problem?

I think you did a great job :-)

- you created an issue in the righ place, AND did some 'marketing' (this
email) to make it known to the dev's:

https://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/repository/revisions/7fe45db70c7e5d583703b9e022e9c666237305a5

Jurgen thinks he fixed it. Please test.
(@Jurgen: I think you should create an amazon-wishlist or so :-) )

This is exactly the way both issues and(!) pull requests should work:
just issue and and make it known to people/devs.

Another (not as nice, but working if you REALLY need something fixed),
is to hire somebody/devs to fix a specific problem. In that way the
whole QGIS community benefits from your money/energy.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde