[Qgis-user] How to import a Google map

José G Moya Y. josemoya at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 05:39:19 PDT 2014

I'm not an expert, just a newbie, but you should be able to export it to
kml / kmz from google maps, google maps engine or google earth. If you use
kmz, you have to unzip the kmz file (if you use windows, you could need to
change its extension to .zip) and take the kml file inside it.
They are also some trouble managing google kml files, since they include
raster info along with vector info. I read about it in previous message
this august.