[Qgis-user] Interpolation

Michael Treglia mtreglia at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 11:27:07 PDT 2014

Just to clarify, the goal is to to effectively map the ridges and furrows?
Or am I missing something?

If there's high resolution orthoimagery, you could try to use standard
image classification techniques to classify the ridges and furrows. They're
visible enough on Google Earth that I bet it's doable if you can get good
imagery, depending on exactly what you need... For that site you suggested,
looks like about 0.5 m from furrow to furrow, so definitely requires high
resolution - if your area is the same, that's tough and imagery might be
more expensive, but if you can get a sample to try it out with, it might be
cheaper than doing LiDAR

I like Alex's point of using Kites (or Balloons) for high res imagery.

Hope that helps
mike