[Qgis-user] Identify GeoTiff style labels

klo uo klonuo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 17:59:36 PDT 2014

Hi,

I have GeoTiff file classified with more then 50 discrete colorramps, each
labeled appropriately.
If I use "Identify Feature" toolbar action, QGIS displays just enumerated
class value, for example:

  Layer   FID     Attribute       Value
  -------------------------------------
  test    1       Band 1          30

So, each style class has same value for the first 3 columns, and the 4-th
column - "Value" represents enumerated classification position.

I would like, if possible, to display class label, as I have label for
each. "Value" information is not of much use as I have to count which style
is represented at position 30 and so on.

Currently I use separate tool that displays screen color value under cursor
and I try to match the map and expanded style tree under Layers. It's a bit
better then using "Identify Features" but it's still silly.

So is there any way I can display style label for arbitrary point on a map
without too much trouble?