[Qgis-user] Problem installing qgis-dev with OSGEO4W installer on Windows

Darek Bobak osgeo at lithics.eu
Sat Sep 27 02:09:44 PDT 2014

Hello!

When trying to update OSGEO4W installation, I'm getting error:
"Could not find jvm.dll".

I've found that the file is located in the %OSGEO4W_ROOT%\bin\server
directory, so I've added that path to the %OSGEO4W_ROOT%\bin\o4w_env.bat.
Then, the setup shows another error:

Nie znaleziono punktu wejścia procedury jpeg_resync_to_restart w bibliotece
C:\OSGEO4~1\bin\gdal111.dll

It's in polish, in english it should sound probably like that:

Procedure entry point not found: jpeg_resync_to_restart in library
C:\OSGEO4~1\bin\gdal111.dll

and istaller stops with error:
Package: Unknown package
qgis-dev.bat exit code -1073741511

I have installed all OSGEO4W packages except of "Web" category, ie:
mapscript-java, mapscript-java-dev, mapscript-java-stable-dev,
mapscript-python, mapscirpt-python-dev, mapscript-python-stable-dev,
mapserver, mapserer-dev, mapserver-stable-dev, qgis-server.

best regards,
Darek