[Qgis-user] Are there any options to selection in vector layers other than those in the SELECT menu?

Tom Lennon tolennon at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 08:37:23 PDT 2014

HI:
I am a new QGIS user and an experienced Arc and Arcedit one.
I am trying to select grid lines that have been joined into a vector map
and have no unique attributes.
In Arcedit I would use SELECT PATH, which allows touching the opposite ends
of a line that is intersected many times by others. It then finds the
shortest path between the touched points and selects it.
Is there a key that can be pressed to alter the normal SELECT ONE to SELECT
PATH?
In QGIS I have to use the SELECT POLYGON option and make large area polys
followed by numerous small ones to get my line.
The QGIS SELECT POLYGON is equivalent to SELECT POLYGON PASSTHRU in
Arcedit. Is there a way (a control key?) that can be pressed to adjust the
selection to SELECT WITHIN, meaning only lines within the selection poly
and not being intersected by it are selected?
​Using QGIS desktop 2.4 on Win7.​
​Thanks
Tom​

tolennon at gmail.com