[Qgis-user] Point data to polygon

McDonaldR McDonaldR at angus.gov.uk
Mon Aug 17 06:13:01 PDT 2015

Hello Strumbi

You want to do a spatial join.  However, you may run into problems if there is more than one point per polygon but it sounds as though there is a one-to-one relationship between them.

In QGIS do Vector > Data Management Tools > Join Attributes By Location

Target is the polygon layer
Join layer is the points

Hope that helps

Ross