[Qgis-user] OpenGeo Explorer and QGIS 2.12.1

Luigi Pirelli luipir at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 08:25:07 PST 2015

Hi Mats

OpenGeo plugin was designed to work with Boundless (BL) QGIS 2.8.3
version with PKI support to work with a PKI enabled geoserver.
BL QGIS 2.8.3 is a "custom" QGIS because PKI support, Boundless
introduced in QGIS only with 2.12. And you can have API differences.

OpenGeo QGIS plugin would work with BL QGIS.

We (Boundless) is just releasing this (or next) week the Geoserver
explorer plugin (https://github.com/boundlessgeo/qgis-geoserver-plugin
here the code) in the QGIS repostory.
This plugin version would work with the current QGIS release (starting
from 2.12) and would work with a generic Geoserver instance.
It is a redesign of the OpenGeo plugin focused only to manage
geoserver. All other stuffs ot the OpenGeo plugin, like PostGis
management, will are managed as usual in the QGIS DbManager.

Please give it a try and report  bugs (or do pull requests or feature
requests) as usual in the plugin repo (when it will be available).
We are doing deep testing and fixing these days to release the more
stable version. (e.g today we just fixed drag&drops from layer list to
workspace and other bugs).

tank you

Luigi Pirelli

* Boundless QGIS Support/Development: lpirelli AT boundlessgeo DOT com
* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS:
https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/mastering-qgis